The College of the Ozarks has a variety of unique experiences to offer to anyone visiting the Ozarks
region. Located near the tourist mecca of Branson, Missouri, College of the Ozarks warmly welcomes all visitors to enjoy
their beautiful campus.
Williams Memorial Chapel is an outstanding example of neo-Gothic architecture. The structure,
dedicated in 1956, measures 150 feet long and 80 feet wide, with an 80-foot-high vaulted ceiling and impressive stained glass windows. Attached to the chapel is the Hyer Bell Tower. Sunday
services beginning at 11 a.m. are open to the public.
The Ralph Foster Museum is dedicated to the history of the Ozarks region. Named in honor of the late
Ralph D. Foster, radio pioneer and philanthropist, the museum houses thousands of objects representing archaeology, history, firearms, antiques, numismatics, natural history,
fine arts, geology and mineralogy. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A small admission fee is charged; ages 18 and
under are admitted free.
College of the Ozarks' Fruitcake and Jelly Kitchen has produced its famous fruitcakes on
campus since 1934, and today student workers, along with supervisors, bake more than 40,000 cakes a year. Visitors are welcome in the
kitchen where a variety of jellies and the College's delicious apple butter are also made and sold.
Edwards Mill, built with funds provided by the late Mr. and Mrs. Hubert C. Edwards, is powered by a
twelve-foot water wheel turned by runoff water from nearby Lake Honor. Student workers grind whole-grain meal and flour,
available for purchase inside the building. Upstairs is a weaving studio, where students design and produce rugs, shawls, placemats and other items
on traditional looms. Downstairs, students hand-weave baskets.
The C of O Greenhouses, located east of Edwards Mill, are home to the Clint McDade orchid
collection. Mr. McDade, one of the School's first students, donated the nucleus of the collection, which today numbers more than 7,000
plants. Individual orchids and other houseplants are for sale at the greenhouse.
The College of the Ozarks Bookstore offers many College of the Ozarks paraphernalia that can be
purchased to show your support of College of the Ozarks.
| Other Sights To See:
|| M. Graham Clark Airport
|| Lake Honor Fountain
|| The College Dairy
|| Memorial Fieldhouse
|| Point Lookout view of the Ozarks
|| Star Schoolhouse
|| The College also operates an on-campus motel with rooms available to the public.
Facts About C of O:
Founded: As the School of the Ozarks in 1906. The Junior College started in 1956. Four-year program started in 1965. Renamed to College of the Ozarks
Size and Location: 1,000-acre campus overlooking Lake Taneycomo at Point Lookout, Missouri, 40 miles south of Springfield, near Branson and
U.S. News & World Report, "Best College" yearly since 1989;
Templeton Honor Roll, "Character Building College;
Money Magazine's "Best Buy College Guide;"
Barron's "300 Best Buys in Higher Education;"
Princeton Review, "The Best 331 Colleges;"
and many more.
Faculty: 89 full-time faculty members; the majority hold the doctoral degree. 150 staff members.
Student-Faculty Ratio: 14:1
Degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science.